Next to a morning face routine to see what products people use to start the day, I also like to see what people use throughout the day when they're out and about. In tribute to the "What's in my purse" videos that I love (like these), here's what's in my bag (sometimes I carry more -- like a water bottle and a camera, and sometimes I carry less -- in my coat pockets or a clutch):
· heart-shaped brushed silver key fob with "HB" etched on one side and blank on the other (my boyfriend gifted it from the Hofbräuhaus in München, Germany in Aug 2009) holding just my car key and house key. · red-violet leather Chloe coin purse which I bought in a duty-free store at a NY airport in Aug of 2008 holding cash, change, ID, CCs. · iPhone 4. · Sephora rectangular mirrored compact. · Aveda lipstick in sheer clover. · e.l.f. lip gloss in fierce. · mini pack of Kleenex (allergies are plaguing me).
· Aveda woven card case with discount cards, gift cards, membership cards. · Chanel's Double Perfection natural matte powder makeup compact in 90 creme beige 2.5. · sunglasses (I have Ferragamo, Chanel, Tom Ford and Oliver Peoples). · Dior blotting papers mirrored compact. · ChicoBag reusable travel shopping bag. · 2 pens: a silver metal one and a free plastic pharmaceutical drug one. · Chilewich cosmetic bag (sorry for the old pic): Aveda compact filled with Aveda and Trisha McEvoy shadows and one Trisha McEvoy blush in tangerine glow, Stila kitten eyeshadow, Bobbi Brown mini double-sided blender/ultra-fine eyeliner brush, Hourglass retractable foundation brush, e.l.f. brow kit in light, Anastasia tweezers, mini Aquaphor tube, a 4-strip of Bausch & Lomb Sooth lubricant eye drops in sterile single-use dispensers, Boscia B.B. Cream sample, Revlon ColorStay retractable eyeliner in black, Benefit They're Real mascara, Aveda gloss in luna, mini dental floss, Tide to go pen, nail clippers, textured silver mini swiss army knife, band-aids, earplugs, o.b., lens cloth, Carmex which I bought on the spot in a little town in Germany called Neckarbischofsheim, YSL Rouge Volupté lipstick in either 07-lingerie pink or 26-tender peach, Bulgari Voile de Jasmin atomizer.
After watching MakeupByTiffanyD's rave about Benefit in her "Sephora Haul-Benefit, Gift Sets, Deals, etc" video and then watching Megan from EasyAccessBeauty's review on Too Faced Primed & Poreless in her "Foundation Primers Overview" video, I added some Benefit and Too Faced products to my Sephora wish list.. So far I've been addicted to the TooFaced Primed & Poreless and Shadow Insurance: · Benefit Cosmetics "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer
· Benefit Cosmetics Powderflage Set
· Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer
· Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer
· Benefit Cosmetics Lemon-Aid eye primer and camouflage cream
Happy New Decade! Yay for 2010! I like seeing YouTube videos on people's daily face routines because despite what everyone's favorites are, what they actually use on a daily basis can have more merit. So, here's my face routine.. which I can do in about 15 minutes or less, depending on how much effort I put into my mascara:
1· Cleanse: I wash my face with my Dove white beauty bar.
2· Prime & Conceal: Use ring finger to apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance onto my eye lids and then apply Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant and Nude under the eye to hide dark circles as per MakeupByTiffanyD.
3· Face: Sweep and buff my Trish McEvoy "Beauty To Go" refillable pen (with Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-In-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector in Medium) over my face.
5· Eyes: Use my ring finger to pat M·A·C's brushed metal-x cream shadow in material gold onto the inner corner of my eyes. Then I apply M·A·C's woodwinked on the lid; and then use my Trish McEvoy #29 tapered eye blending brush to apply Chanel's illusion d'ombre eyeshadow in illusoire in the outer "V" and then blend around the crease to create a proper fade. Optionally, I'll add a M·A·C reflects glitter to the upper and outer lid with my Trish McEvoy #54 va va voom smudge brush.
6· Eyeliner: Lightly dab my Trish McEvoy's #11 flat eye lining brush into my Bobbi Brown gel liner in "chocolate shimmer ink" then press and wiggle into my lash line; building up the outer 2/3s.
7· Mascara: Apply my mascara of the month (my faves are Dior Show and YSL Faux Cils in black), starting with lower lashes then upper lashes (if I do my top lashes first, I get mascara on my lid when I look up to do my lower lashes).
8· Blush & Highlight: Apply M·A·C mineralize blush in grand duo with my Trish McEvoy #2B sheer blush brush. For an evening or beach look, I'll highlight my cheeks, nose tip, décolleté, and legs with M·A·C mineralize skinfinish in by candlelight.
9· Lips: Apply M·A·C lustre lipstick in patisserie or Aveda lipstick in sheer clover.
10· Perfume: A little spritz of Bulgari's Omnia Amethyst or Voile de Jasmin.. et Voilà!